What will a tutor help me with?
- Understanding the assignment
- Developing content
- Documentation guidelines and formatting(MLA, APA, etc.)
- Grammar and punctuation lessons
- And more!
Helpful Hints (The essay is yours, not the tutor’s. Come prepared!)
- Sessions are 20-40 minutes long.
- Don’t expect editing or proofreading.
- Show willingness to work on the assignment and apply concepts learned outside the sessions.
- Bring tools to make learning easiest for you: “thumb drives,” tape recorders, highlighters and sticky notes, if necessary.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to your professor! Ask questions.
Call The Writing Center (475-7318) to ask a tutor specific questions.
Can you edit or proofread my paper?
- We do not "fix" papers. Our goal is to help you to become a better writer, and in the process, teach you how to edit your own paper.
How many appointments can I make?
- Up to three (3) per week. Under special circumstances, students may have more. Contact Writing Center staff for details.
When should I come in?
- As soon as possible. Remember, writing and revision takes time. Don't just pop in an hour or two before the assignment is due. You simply will not get it done in time. Allow time for the appointment and time to work on the assignment before it's due.