- Rooms may be reserved by students who need a quiet study space, who are seeking to work with others in team study efforts, or who are meeting with tutors. For-profit business is prohibited.
- Students may opt to share the room with others by using signs provided for that purpose.
- Five of the study rooms may only be reserved by groups; 001, 004, 008, 009, and 013.
- Students may schedule these rooms in person on a first come, first served basis by using the posted sign-up sheets located outside each room.
- Sheets are posted Monday morning; advance booking beyond the current week is not allowed. Rooms may not be reserved by phone, email, or chat.
- Room reservations will be honored for ten minutes past the reservation time; after ten minutes, others without reservations may use the room.
- Use of rooms is limited to two-hour intervals with a maximum of two hours per individual/group per day.
- If you or your group reserves more than two hours, your reservation will be removed by staff.
- Be considerate of others and DO NOT book rooms for more than the maximum time by using the names of different group members.
- Personal property may not be left unattended in the room. Unattended items will be collected by Campus Safety.
- Room 005 is a contemplative space and cannot be reserved. Please limit your use to 30 minutes. Patrons who need access to the collection may enter the room at any time to access the books.
Certain rooms have special equipment and collections
HL 001. Outfitted with media equipment, this room has priority as a student group viewing room for audiovisual purposes. Students who need to use the equipment have priority over the other student uses above. This room may be scheduled through the Library’s Check Out Desk.
HL 004. The George Martin Mountaineering collection is housed here; students who need access to the collection may enter the room at any time to use the collection. Students using the room for other purposes must allow this access.
HL 005. The Thomas Graham Collection is housed here; students who need access to the collection may enter the room at any time to use the collection. Students using the room for other purposes must allow this access.
The capacity for each room is:
001 – 8 people
004 – 6 people
005 – 3 people
006 – 3 people
007 – 4 people
008 – 6 people
009 – 12 people
010 – 4 people
011 – 4 people
012 – 4 people
013 – 6 people